Student Visa

The Overseas Student Program (OSP) allows people who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents to study in Australia. A person who would like to study under this program must obtain a Student Visa before they can commence a course of study in Australia. To be granted a Student Visa you must undertake a registered course on a full-time basis. If you wish to study in Australia for over 3 months, you need to apply for a Student Visa and satisfy specific visa criteria depending on the level of education you wish to complete, and your country of citizenship.

Subclass 500– Independent ELICOS Sector This subclass is for international students undertaking ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) as a stand-alone course, and not as a prerequisite to commencing another course (for example, a degree course).

Subclass 500– Schools sector This subclass is for international students undertaking a course of study at a primary school or a secondary school, including both junior and senior secondary school.

Subclass 500– Vocational education and training (VET) sector This subclass covers Certificate I, II, III and IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma.

Translate »